WHAT IS A COMMUNITY CASTER?
Our community caster program is designed to give aspiring casters the opportunity to develop their craft, grow their audience, and learn as part of our experienced team. As a community caster, you’ll provide consistent commentary at ES Arlington’s community events, bringing your own style and flavor to our broadcasts while helping us showcase local talent and competition. Experienced members of our community events team will give feedback to casters, allowing you to grow and improve throughout the program.
Our program is also an opportunity for you to round out your casting skills in titles that you may not be as familiar with. Normally commentate at Rushdown, but always wanted to try casting Call of Duty? You’re welcome to try your hand at Reload! We’re excited to add dedicated and passionate Community Casters to our team at ES Arlington, and we’re looking forward to working together to grow our community events!
What we are looking for
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and eager to complete challenging tasks.
- You are willing to be part of the team and grow with us to achieve mutual goals.
- You are comfortable speaking publicly during gaming events.
Community Caster Responsibilities
- Studying up on the players participating and games broadcasted
- Managing and Maintaining necessary broadcasting software and hardware needed to retain a smooth broadcast as needed
- Providing and receiving feedback during, before, and after broadcasts
- Assist in building narratives for matchups broadcasted
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Previous commentating/casting experience
- Have knowledge of various esports titles. (Smash, FGC, Overwatch, CoD, Fortnite, APEX Legends, etc.)
- Adaptable for changes that take place during live events.
- (Recommended) Demo reel (If you do not have a demo reel, cast over 2+ minutes of game action and post a link to that example).